• Tickets are not required for children below 3 feet. No age
criteria is considered.
• The Automatic Gates admit one person at a time. Hence every passenger needs to carry one token or smart card.
• Minimum Fare will be charged for entering into a station.
• Penalty for ticketless travel or lost ticket is Rs50 apart from maximum token fare.
• Mismatch: The Automatic Gates record entry/ exit details in token / Smart card. Every entry at these gates must be followed by proper exit through the gates on same day. Skipping of any entry or exit is termed as MISMATCH. The penalty for mismatch is Rs10.
• Overstay Rule: A passenger holding a valid ticket can exit from same station within 20 minutes and from other stations within 120 minutes. For overstaying in paid area of Namma Metro beyond these limits, penalty of Rs10 per hour is charged subject to a maximum of Rs50.
Namma Metro (Kannada: ನಮ್ಮ ಮೆಟ್ರೊ Our metro), also known as Bangalore Metro (Kannada: ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ಮೆಟ್ರೊ), is a mass-transit rail system for the city of Bangalore, Karnataka, India. The agency responsible for its implementation is the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (BMRCL). The first stretch between Baiyyappanahalli and M.G. Road was inaugurated on October 20, 2011.